Del Webb was founded in 1928 in Phoenix, Arizona by Delbert Eugene Webb. Since the introduction of its Sun City community in 1960, Del Webb evolved into the leader in the active adult buyer market. The company also developed innovative master-planned communities for all ages. The company was purchased by Pulte Homes in 2001.
Pulte Homes was founded in 1950 by William J. Pulte in Detroit, Michigan. The company's brands now include Del Webb, DiVosta, Centex and Fox & Jacobs making it America's largest home builder.
Sun City Lincoln Hills transitioned from developer Del Webb/Pulte in April, 2005, at which time Association members elected to be self managed.
Orchard Creek Lodge opened in March, 2000. Its rooms and facilities were named to preserve the history of the property. In 1873 Joel Parker Whitney, landowner, built a 22-room mansion on this ranch, named “The Oaks.” He raised 12,000 sheep, built his own tennis courts and 9-hole golf course. Rooms in the Orchard Creek Ballroom are named after other buildings on Whitney’s ranch: Gables, Heights and Oaks. The Wave fitness center, was named after Joel Parker Whitney’s stone clubhouse, The Wave.
Kilaga Springs Lodge opened in November 2004. The name Kilaga originates from the first initials of three owners (E. M. KImberlin, J. B. LAndis, and E. C. GAylord) of a mineral spring at the Whiskey Diggings Mine discovered in 1923. The spring site is just off McCourtney Road five miles northeast of Lincoln. The three partners built the Kilaga Springs Spa as a popular destination in the bustling rail town of Lincoln. It consisted of a main building, cottages, and a bathhouse.
The terra cotta works of Gladding McBean and several local artists-- Mary Swisher, Adair Payne, David Lobenberg and Scott Paris-- were incorporated into the interior of Kilaga Springs Lodge. Their paintings, sculptures, photography and ironwork make the history of Lincoln come alive.